II. Second "Parade"
- Check head lamps, side lamps, signal indicators and reverse lights.
Brakes and Clutches:
- Check the hydraulic level
- Check effectiveness of the brakes; start the vehicle, drive off a little and step on the brake pedal to test the effectiveness
- Check the tightness and effectiveness of the brakes and clutches
- Change all the gears, one at a time, while pressing the clutch pedal
- Ensure that the wind screen wipers are functional
- Check the blades for effectiveness
- Check for clearance or 'free play'
- Check level of Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) for power steering only
- Ensure that your horns are in good working condition
- Do not fit wrong horn on your vehicle
- Check spare tyre for cut, puncture, thread and pressure
- Ensure that jack, jack handle and wheel spanner are in the vehicle
Ensure that a pair of reflective triangle is in the vehicle
Ensure that you have the correct type and size of fire extinguisher for your vehicle. A multipurpose fire extinguisher is preferable.
Check level of electrolyte (battery liquid) and condition of battery terminals.
Walk round the vehicle to check for dents and loose parts.